I really excited to bake this pineapple cake for the very first time. It is egg free and so simple to put up together.
My son bought a can of pineapple slices instead of crushed ones. So I chopped them into tiny pieces before adding to the batter or much easier way use your chopper but not too fine. My can is 565g so use only 400g of pineapple plus its juice.
I'm using 3/4 cup of sugar if you want it sweeter add another 1/4 cup since the juice is also sweetened. You can also brush the top with pineapple juice after it has been baked and apply any frosting of your choice.
Yield One 7 in round cake
2 C all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 - 1 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
400g crushed pineapple
1/4 C milk
1/4 C melted butter
* Preheat oven @ 180 C and grease 7 in round pan.
* Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
* Add in sugar, milk, butter and pineapple to the flour. Mix until well incorporated, pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
* Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer onto rack to cool.
* Serve with cream or frosting of your choice.