Monday, January 17, 2011
If you are soup lover like me and used to buy those ready made soup, you should consider trying this recipe. So simple to put together and the best part is you can add any vegetable of your choice beside the carrot I'd used here.
Traditionally, most of soup recipe requires you to puree them but I prefer not to do that but this is a personal preference. Serve it with toasted bread and now you can enjoy light and nutritious meal, much more tasty than the store bought ones.
10 medium size prawn
1 onion chopped
1 tsp ginger minced
2 garlic chopped
2 small carrot cut
1 tsp chili powder/ pepper
1 stalk lemon grass bruised
2 small tomato chopped
salt to taste
2 T cooking oil
2 T chopped coriander leaves
3 C water
* Peel the prawn but leave the tail intact, wash and drain.
* Heat the oil, fry the onion until light brown. Add ginger, lemon grass and garlic, cook until fragrant.
* Now add the tomato, cook until it turns soft. Add the chili powder, stir for a minute.
* Pour water and bring to boil, add carrot and salt. Once the carrot is cooked, add the prawn, let simmer until the color changes.
* Serve hot. Garnish with coriander leaves.