Homemade rolls are a great way to retreat from a busy day. This easy recipe of cloverleaf rolls turn out tempting whether you knead them by hand or shape them in the bread machine .Butter makes this roll very soft and delicious.
This beautiful rolls are light and yummy, there was a nice smell lingers thorough out the kitchen when baking this homemade rolls. But I enjoyed baking them, probably will do again if requested.
3 C all purpose flour
3 T dry milk
2 1/4 tsp dry yeast
1/4 C warm water
3 T sugar
6 T butter softened
1 tsp salt
3/4 C warm milk
extra butter for coating
* Combine warm water, yeast and a tablespoon of sugar in a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes until frothy.
* In a mixing bowl, stir well warm milk, remaining sugar, salt, butter and yeast mixture.
* Now add the flour, combine to form into a soft dough.
* Turn dough onto floured work surface, knead by hand for 10 minutes or use your stand mixer.
* Place in an oiled and covered bowl, let rise until double about 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
* Lightly grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan. Roll dough into 1 in ball and coat with butter. Cluster 3 balls of dough in each muffin cup. Allow to rise again for 45 minutes. Preheat oven @ 190 C.
* Bake rolls for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the rolls from the oven and brush with melted butter.
* Cool on rack.
Linking to Yeastspotting 3-25-11