This classic Indian dish combining mong dal with spinach which makes a healthy, nutritious and fabulous tasty dish that may be served with rice or bread.
Including garlic, ginger and turmeric which had been shown to contain cancer-fighting substances and protein packed ingredients in our diet not only delicious but at the same time a health booster too. Adjust the spicy level to your preference.
400g spinach chopped
1 C moong dal boiled
4 green chili sliced
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tomato chopped
1 Onion chopped
3 garlic chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seed
1 tsp ginger
2 T oil
salt to taste
1 C water
* Boil moong dal with 1/4 teaspoon turmeric until soft.
* Heat the oil, add cumin seed , garlic, ginger and green chili, fry until fragrant.
* Add the onion, fry until light brown. Add tomato and cook until tomato turns soft. Add the spinach and the remaining turmeric powder , fry for 1 minute.
* Now add boiled dal and a cup of water. Cover the pot, cook until spinach turns soft.
* Check for salt and remove from heat. Serve hot.
Linking to Magic with spices
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER