This is almost a fat free and low calorie cake. It is best served for those looking to watch their waistlines. These are so amazing and easy to make.
So far I never tried the combination of orange marmalade, banana and black sesame seed in a single cake but surprisingly they work well together, fantastic yet so light. Give it a try then you know what I mean...
ORANGE BLACK SESAME CAKE
Yield 7 in loaf
1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 TB orange marmalade
1/4 C caster sugar
1/4 C milk
2 TB melted butter
1/4 tsp salt
3 medium banana mashed
2 TB toasted black sesame
* Preheat oven @ 180 C and grease 7 in pan.
* Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine flour, sugar and 1 tablespoon sesame seed in a mixing bowl.
* Whisk together banana, milk and marmalade in a small bowl.
* Combine dry and wet ingredients, stir until just incorporated.
* Pour into greased pan, sprinkle with remaining black sesame seed and cook for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
* Let sit 5 minutes in the pan, transfer onto rack to cool.
Linking to Recipe Contest