LABRLS




Sunday, April 7, 2013

BLACK BREAD ROLLS


I bake this lighter and flavorful  Black Bread Rolls made with unsweetened cocoa, honey and instant coffee

This Black Bread  Rolls gets its color from cocoa and coffee. While it was a straight forward method but it takes a longer time to rise, mine took 2 hours to double in size. Anyway it worth to wait since this produces a remarkably pleasing roll.

Instead of having a regular loaf, I turned it into sliced rolls after brushing some butter over the dough then sprinkle sugar over the butter. It was rolled into a log then slice equally about an inch thick.

MY TIPS

Use your bread machine, it will be super easy. just put everything in the BM to prepare the dough.

Add more sugar since this recipe did not turn out very sweet, incorporate additional sugar for a bit extra sweetness

You can use other filling too, cream cheese, coconut, chopped nut are great alternatives.

BLACK BREAD ROLLS
Yield    :    10 rolls

2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp instant coffee
1/2 tablespoon cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp instant yeast
2 tablespoon melted butter
1 medium banana mashed
less than 1/2 cup warm water
2-3 tablespoon softened  butter to brush over dough
2-3 tablespoon white/brown sugar to sprinkle

METHOD

Place flour, instant coffee, cocoa and instant yeast in a mixing bowl.

In another bowl, combine melted butter, banana, salt, honey and warm water.

Add in honey mixture to the dry ingredients.


Mix well and forms into soft dough. Knead on floured board until elastic and smooth.



Transfer into greased and covered bowl, let rise until double for 1.5 to 2 hours.

Punch dough down, roll out dough into rectangle about 10 x 12 in.



Brush 2-3 tablespoon of softened butter over the top of the dough. Sprinkle sugar over the butter on the prepared dough.

Starting with long edge, roll up dough, pinch seams to seal.  Using sharp knife,  equally  cut into  1 in  thick slice.

Place cut side up in a prepared pan, flattening them slightly. Let sit for 45 minutes, towards the end of rising time, heat the oven @ 190 C.


Bake for 15 minutes, transfer onto rack to cool.

Bookmark and Share

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL   

41 comments:

Christine said...

wow! these look AMAZING! Yumm! I've never thought of having coffee in bread, my hubby will LOVE this! :D thank you!
Oh- I found you over at Nifty Thrifty Sunday party :)

Sangeetha Priya said...

delicious n lovely rolls dear...

Shabitha Karthikeyan said...

Looks too good. The ingredient list makes me want some right now !!

Puan Ros @ Sinaranmenu.blogspot said...

KOpi....pasti sedap ni

great-secret-of-life said...

looks good.. new to me

runnergirlinthekitchen.blogspot.com said...

More like Mocha bread rolls, yummy!

kitchen queen said...

yummy rolls with an awesome presentation.

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

the roll luks great and very inviting.

Julie said...

yummy rolls,perfect with coffee:)

Akila said...

Looks yummy

mjskit said...

I didn't notice the butter sugar center until I read through the recipe. WOW! I want a dozen of these right now! Do you ship? :) What a great breakfast roll! I love everything about it, but most particularly the coffee and chocolate combination. Delicious!

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

These rolls look too delicious :D

Cheers
CCU

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

awesome rolls...great snack !

Priya Suresh said...

Such a beautiful bread rolls, wonderful job..

mail4rosey said...

I have not seen or heard of these, but what a perfect treat for breakfast!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious treat looks wonderful

Happy Valley Chow said...

Wow, these look fantastic! Great job :)

Happy Blogging!
Happy Valley Chow

Jess said...

This looks amazing! :) Yummy!

Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

Balvinder said...

I would call it coffee rolls.They have got a nice color from cocoa and coffee.

Krista said...

My husband loves black bread. This looks like a fabulous recipe. I just pinned and look forward to making it. I love making homemade bread and rolls. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe! Krista @ A Handful of Everything

Shabby Marilyn said...

Yum, thanks for sharing!

Juliana said...

Cocoa and coffee in the dough? Looks great...and so cute :)
Enjoy your week my dear!

With A Blast said...

This is a great recipe and it looks delicious! Thank you for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party :-)

Anonymous said...

That looks so wonderful !!! I would love to try it.
Have a great day.

MaryMoh said...

These look so cute and pretty. I would love that for breakfast with a cup of hot milk. It's along time I have not made bread. Must start again one of these days, when I am not so lazy :D

Melissa said...

Wow, these rolls look absolutely delicious! I'll be giving these a shot for myself very soon. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting! I'll bet the coffee would be really good in the rolls. Thanks for sharing on Tried and True Recipes! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-7.html

Katerina said...

They look so different from the regular ones! I wish i could try one roll right now!

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

This sounds like a really good recipe. I like the fact that it has coffee in it. I'm so glad you came by and linked up this week at Transformed Tuesday.

Thanks for sharing,
Peggy

Diane Balch said...

I'm not a big sweets person so these rolls have a lot of appeal to me. Thank you so much for sharing them with us on foodie friday.

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Weekends are made for these! :D Thanks for linking up to BeColorful
p

Christine said...

YUMMY!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality! I’m looking forward to seeing your next creation tomorrow evening!

Unknown said...

I have never heard of black bread rolls. It sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures

Betsy @ Romance on a dime said...

Cocoa and coffee - it's got to be good! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

Unknown said...

This is such a yummy roll. Well done!

KatzGlutenFree.com

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

I've never heard of black bread but these look so yummy! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Party!

Susie @bowdabra said...

Thanks for linking up an awesome project! Stop by again next week and link up some more cool stuff!

Have a great week!
Susie@Bowdabra
http://bowdabrablog.com

Susie @bowdabra said...

Thanks for linking up an awesome project! Stop by again next week and link up some more cool stuff!

Have a great week!
Susie@Bowdabra
http://bowdabrablog.com

Michelle said...

Those look really good!! I'll have to give them a try! Thanks for linking up with us at LOBS!

Claire @ A Little Claireification said...

Wow - what a great recipe!

Thanks so much for sharing this at our "Best Of The Weekend party"! I have pinned this to our party board! We hope to see you again when the party kicks off Friday eve at 8PM EST.
Have a great week!
Xoxo

Kathy said...

I've never made this before, it sounds marvelous! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy