To all my Muslim readers, HAVE A BLESSED EID!
Get bored with your stir fry vegetables? You might just change your mind, when you discover this simple and healthy Cauliflower & Pumpkin Curry.
This is an easy recipe but make sure you have all the spices on hand before you try this Cauliflower & Pumpkin Curry. A combination of Indian spices transforms this simple vegetarian dish into a delight for the senses.
Here is my tips for perfect Cauliflower & Pumpkin Curry
1. If possible cut the vegetables almost the same size and thickness. This to ensure uniform cooking time
2. Do not add water, the veggies will ooze out water while cooking. This is sufficient to cook the vegetables
3. After you cover the pan, stir in between and check for tenderness. Don't overcook, the pumpkin will lose the shape and becomes mushy
CAULIFLOWER & PUMPKIN CURRY
Serves : 2-3
1 cup cauliflower cut into small floret
1 tomato chopped
1 1/2 cup pumpkin cubed
1 onion sliced
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp ground coriander
2 tablespoon cilantro chopped
2 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in the pan, add onion and tomato, fry until tomato turns soft.
2. Add in cauliflower, pumpkin and little water. Stir and cover pan.
3. Mix in chili powder, turmeric, coriander and salt, stir well. If the veggies are not fully cooked, add some water, continue cooking until they turn soft.