LABRLS




Sunday, June 4, 2017

BANANA SCONES RECIPE

Banana Scones @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

An egg free  Banana Scones made with regular pantry items and really easy to make.

I have 2 bananas lying on my kitchen counter and need to do something before it turns bad.

After so long, I did not make any scone so  this Banana Scones  are the best option.

The dough was bit sticky but still  manageable.  Am able to shape it into 7 in round onto floured baking pan with my hand.  Place the dough in the middle of the pan, pat on top and run your hand along the edges to give it a nice round shape to the thickness of 3/4 in.

My Banana Scones take exactly  20 minutes to bake but it may vary depending type of oven you are using, so adjust accordingly.

Other recipes you should check out:

Irish Barmbrack

Fantastic Apricot Bread.

Blueberry Oatmeal Bread.

Pumpkin Banana Bread

Banana Scones @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


BANANA SCONES RECIPE
Yield  :  8 wedges

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4  cup cold butter
2 large banana mashed
1/4 cup milk

METHOD

In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a whisk.

Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Add in milk and forms into a dough, fold in banana

Turn onto floured surface, knead gently  6-8 times. .

Pat each portion into  7  in circle, to a thickness of 1.5 cm. Cut dough into 8 wedges or cut rounds with  a 2 in cutter..

Transfer wedges onto baking sheet. Preheat oven at 180 C.

Bake until the edges turn golden brown for 20 minutes.

Remove from pan to a  wire rack. Serve warm.

Banana Scones @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     PINTEREST  /  YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL 

GOOGLE+ / TWITTER

9 comments:

Dara said...

I love scones, and I love bananas :) This sounds like a perfect recipe for me! I am pinning for later.

The Lazy Gastronome said...

Yum!! Banana in scones! Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up!

The Lazy Gastronome said...

Oh yum! Banana in scones! Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up!

Julie said...

yummy scones !

Jess said...

These sound amazing! Pinned! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks:

Thanks for joining the 100th Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Tomichan Matheikal said...

Looks yummy.

Queen Mom Jen said...

I love banana anything! These look so delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe at the #happynowlinkup

Teresa B said...

Sounds like a great recipe, I'll see if I can find the time to try it over the weekend. thank you for joining The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

Vintage Style Gal said...

I have never made a scone before... bananas are wonderful for so many baking recipes, I would imagine these are so tasty! You have so many wonderful recipes.