Friday, December 25, 2009
WHITE BAIT FRITTERS
This dish reminded me of my mum's cooking when I was a small child, made of fresh white bait (ikan bilis nasi), red chilli and flour. If you use the self raising flour, the baking powder should be omitted. Another my favourite side dish serve with hot steaming rice.
1 cup fresh white bait (wash and drain)
2 tablespoons wheat flour
1 tablespoon cornflour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg beaten
1 fresh red chilli sliced
4 shallots sliced
2 spring onion or coriander leaves chopped
1/3 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying
1. Mix all ingredients except oil in a bowl.
2. Heat oil, drop 2 tablespoons of batter and spread it into thin pancake.
3. Turn it over to cook the other side. Drain on absorbent kitchen towel.
4. Continue the process until all the batter is used up.
5. Serve hot with chilli or tomato sauce.
view my recipes