LABRLS




Monday, April 26, 2010

CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING AND A CARD

Photobucket

Of late my son seems to have lost interest in taking bread with his usual spread, it's a pity to see the loaf lying untouched in the pantry. To save this from wastage I have baked this eggless pudding using the bread slices and it turns out amazing and is a hit with my family.

INGREDIENTS

8 slices bread shredded
1 cup water
1 cup evaporated milk
7 tablespoons fine sugar
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 heaped tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup raisin

METHOD

* Soak the bread in water for 15 minutes. Preheat oven @ 180 C.

* Combine together milk, sugar, cornflour, cocoa, raisin and essence until well combined.

* Pour the mixture onto bread, mix well. Pour into 7 inches greased pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

* The pudding could be taken warm or cold.

CARD

Thanks to Azatie for sending me this beautiful card.

Photobucket

Foodie Friday
Sweet Tooth Friday
Show And Tell
Recipe Linky
Fabulous Friday
Feature Yourself Friday
Its Hodgepodge Friday
Fresh Clean And Pure Friday
Frugalicious Friday
Friday Potluck
Food On Fridays
Flaunt It Friday
Made By You
Craft-O-Maniac Monday 

35 comments:

Neetz said...

what a beautiful pudding and really a very beautiful card :)

PranisKitchen said...

really yummy pudding.looks so delicious.thanks for sharing
very beautiful card too

Suji said...

wow..cool pudding ...looks delish...lovely card too..

Love
KS

Simplyfood said...

Bread pudding with difference.Sounds really delicious.

Subhie Arun said...

wow..its new to me...v invitin..

Suja Manoj said...

Cool..different idea..my son will also love this.Thanks for sharing

divya said...

.wow....lovely it looks very yummy.. and so tempting.

MaryMoh said...

That's a smart way to use left over bread. Mine sometimes just go to the bin cos I didn't know what to do. Next time I can turn it into a bread pudding. Thanks for sharing. Looks delicious.

Life is beautiful !!! said...

Beautiful card and a delicious pudding :)

Lazaro Cooks said...

Send any untouched loafs my way. I love bread, maybe too much. Wonderful idea for this recipe. Cheers!

Kanchana Praveen said...

Bread pudding sounds interesting and its new to me. Lovely card...

Shabitha Karthikeyan said...

Pudding looks great !!!!

indahhouse said...

salam kak,
wah! puding roti ni eggless? kami pun slalu ada balen roti. bila nak buat, telur tak cukup..hikhik. yg ni, maveles kak? masuk list dulu. :)

Gita Jaishankar said...

Very lovely card. Bread pudding is a very delicious way to use up leftover bread...looks super delicious :)

cekmekzue said...

hello ! thanx for dropping by my blog recently. with cocoa ? this is new, might try this. thanx for sharing all these recipes.

PJ said...

oh wow, you put the lying around bread to such a delicious use! the chocolate bread pudding looks absolutely delicious!

Sushma Mallya said...

Beautiful pudding and an equally beautiful card...

sayantani said...

my maa makes them often which I also have blogged about a few weeks back. lovely creamy pudding. love it cold.

priya said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..pudding looks delicious

Krishnaveni said...

Lovely card for an excellent dish

Veggie Hut said...

mouthwatering..

Kanchan said...

Nice way to use long lying breads. Looks lovely .

s said...

pudding sounds real cool..a great innovative recipe that will please all...

AMA's AnythingVegetarian said...

Thanks for stopping by at my blog.Lovely pudding Actually my toddler daughter loves pudding and It counts for no eggs.That's a keeper for me as I always look for egg less baking recipes.

My Kitchen Antics said...

bread pudding is next on my list..love the chocolate addition

Aparna S Mallya said...

delicious pudding!

Urmi said...

Pudding looks delicious and mouth watering. Wonderful presentation.

Priya Suresh said...

Thats a tempting and mouthwatering pudding..

Unknown said...

Ahh lovely..reminds me my ma.....

Juliana said...

Can you believe I never had chocolate bread pudding? I feel that I'm missing something very yummie ;-)

Preety said...

looks delicious

Niloufer Riyaz said...

the pudding looks yummy yummy

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Thanks dear friends for your sweet comments...

Indahhouse,cekmekzue, Kanchan,AMA's Anything Vegetarian, Aparna and Niloufer Riyaz welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting, hope to see you often....

Ann Kroeker said...

I love bread pudding, so I know I would love *chocolate* bread pudding!

Treat and Trick said...

Ann Kroeker ....So glad you like them..