It's already past midnight but my son is asking to bake something since he was staying late for the soccer match and manage to cook this bar in a jiffy. The result is quite pleasing and my son gives a thumb up! Besides chocolate rice you could use chocolate chip instead.
1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate rice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 tablespoon milk
1. Preheat oven @ 180 C. Sift together flour and baking powder.
2. Whisk butter, sugar, essence and milk until well combined.
3. Now add flour with butter mixture together with chocolate rice and chopped nut until well incorporated.
4. Pour the dough onto greased 8 inches square pan, press lightly to level the top.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
6. Let the bars sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Slice while still warm.
7. Remove and let cool on wire rack.
8. Store in a airtight container.
Pennywise Platter Thursday
Ultimate Recipe Swap
Show Off Your- Stuff
Making It With Allie-
Strut Your Stuff-
It's A Keeper Thursday
Simple Lives Thursday
Full Plate Thursday
Whatcha Makin' Wednesday
Feature Yourself Friday
Fresh Clean And Pure Friday
Its Hodgepodge Friday