I have created this recipe out of the leftover spaghetti rather than dump them into a freezer. It is so easy to prepare, I used whatever ingredients available in my pantry.
Simply serve this pudding as dessert after you main meal or as a midnight snack or for breakfast. At the time of serving, you can add fresh fruit if you like.
For your information, the pasta unlike the bread does not absorb so much liquid thus I have added extra flour to make it thicker and obtain the right consistency.
Here is the recipe in case you want to try, do let me know how it turns out. I just love this yummy pudding, definitely will prepare it again.
270g boiled pasta cut into shorter strand
1 C water
1 C evaporated milk
1 T heaped unsweetened cocoa powder
8 T sugar
2 T corn flour
2 T all purpose flour
2 slices bread cut into small
1/2 C raisin
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon salt
* Preheat oven @ 180 C and grease 7 inches pan.
* In a mixing bowl, combine water, milk, cocoa, sugar, both flour, vanilla essence and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
* Add in pasta and bread, leave for 15 minutes.
* Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
* Serve hot or cold.
* If the top turns brown quickly, cover with aluminium foil and continue baking until fully done.
* Make sure the raisin is not seen on top otherwise it gets burnt and dried out.
Show And Tell
GCC Recipe Swap