Baking bread is a long process but it gives me more drive after it turns out beautifully. Apart from normal sweet bun, baked this with sardine and chili filling. You can adjust the spices used as per your preference. These are so flavorful and soft.
They are great served during breakfast or as a tea time snack. You can use chicken instead if you're allergic to sardine.
Adapted from Suria Insani
375 g all purpose flour
3 tbsp milk powder
3 tbsp butter/shortening
3 tbsp fine sugar
200 ml warm water
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1 tall can of sardine without the sauce
3 big onions sliced
1 - 2 tbsp chili powder add water to become paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 tbsp oil
salt and sugar
METHOD FOR FILLING.
1. Heat the oil, fry onion until brown, add ginger, garlic and chili paste, cook until oil float on top.
2. Add sardine, salt and sugar. Remove from heat and add lime juice. Cool.
1. Mix yeast, sugar and little water, leave for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
2. In a big bowl combine together flour, milk powder, sugar, salt and shortening.
3. Pour yeast mixture into bread bowl and mix well.
4. Knead the the dough until elastic for about 10 minutes. If he dough is sticky you can add one or two tablespoons flour.
5. Cover bowl and let it rise for 1-2 hours or until double.
6. After the dough doubled, flatten it to release air.
7. Divide dough into 12 ball, shape into round and stuff with the filling.
8. Rest dough for 45 minutes before baking.
9. Bake 10-15 minutes @180 C. Brush with butter after baking..
Linking to Yeastspotting 12-31-10
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER