Saturday, January 23, 2010
SPICY CAULIFLOWER SABZI
Cooked this vegetable dish which is simple but tasty. You can increase or decrease the spice level to suit your taste. It is best accompaniment for capati/roti or even plain rice.
300g cauliflower cut into bite sizes
1 big onion sliced
2 medium tomatoes chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin seed
1 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil
1. Cut and wash the cauliflower then drain.
2. Heat the oil, fry cumin for a few seconds then add the onion, cook until light brown.
3. Add the garlic, tomato, coriander leaves and salt, cook until tomato turns soft.
4. Put in chili powder, turmeric powder and cauliflower, add some water and cover the pan.
5. Once the cauliflower turns soft, remove from heat.
6. Serve hot with capati, roti or rice.