After browsing the net for perfect cocoa cookies, I discovered this great recipe by Martha Stewart. These delectable cookies are so easy to make, simply soft, smooth chocolate flavor and not to sweet unlike other recipes which call for heavy dose of sugar.
I didn't follow her method but did it my own way and also without melted white chocolate drizzle on top since it was not in hand. This dough is quite sticky to handle but manage to shape into small ball and garnish with chopped almond. This is now becomes my new favorite cookies, will bake them often from now on, they hit the spot!
Modified from Cocoa Shortbread Diamond recipe by Martha Stewart
1 C all purpose flour
1/2 C icing powder
1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C softened butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
chopped almond for garnish
* Cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla essence until creamy.
* Add flour and cocoa to the butter mixture and forms into pliable dough. Preheat oven @ 150 C.
* Shape into small ball then flatten slightly and place 1 inch apart, garnish with chopped almond.
* Bake @ 150 C for 20-25 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
* Store in an airtight container.
Yield : 25 pieces
This is my entry for September Culinary Snackdown: Chocolate by Anette, Tasty Traditions by Nikki., Foodie Friday , Family Food Fridays, Motivate Me Monday 39, This Weeks Cravings: Chocolate , Easter Party , Sundae Scoop
Check Me Out Saturday
Show And Tell Saturday