LABRLS




Thursday, May 10, 2012

SARDINE SAMBAL

Sardine Recipe  @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

For many years, I have abstained myself from taking any dish with canned sardine. But that had changed  ever since I have tasted a fantastic recipe cooked by our chef in my previous workplace.

For the recipe below, I had used canned sardine in tomato sauce and lemon juice to get rid of its unpleasant smell.  It turned out fabulous and quite pleasing to our palate though it can't never be the same from what I had tasted before. You may discard the sauce and use only the  fish but this is personal choice.

They are great serve with rice,  paratha, naan or bread.

SARDINE SAMBAL
Servings   :  3-4

1 tall can sardine in tomato sauce
3 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
5 shallots chopped
1 big onion sliced
1 stalk lemon grass smashed
2 tomato chopped
salt and sugar to taste
2 tablespoons oil
lemon juice

METHOD

Heat the oil, saute the shallots , lemon grass and garlic until fragrant.

Add in tomato and salt, cook until tomato turns soft.

Now add the chili powder and turmeric powder, stir for 2 minutes.

Add the sardine together with half of its sauce (if using) and sugar, stir for a  minute, remove from heat.

Add in the big onion and lemon juice, serve hot.

Sardine Sambal Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /    INSTAGRAM    YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  /  GOOGLE+  /  TWITTER 

28 comments:

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Yummy looking sardine sambal. Yummy looking seafood.

Deepa

simran said...

very nice sardines...........lovely way to serve the canned variety...i'll def try this out for my husband.

simran said...

very nice sardines...........lovely way to serve the canned variety...i'll def try this out for my husband.

Swathi said...

Looks Fiery and delicious.

sm said...

looks very spicy and tasty

Usha said...

I usually grill fresh sadines. I don't like the canned ones. Also, your canned sardines look lot bigger than what we get here. Canned ones are very tiny. Anyway, sambal looks delicious!

Spicy-Aroma said...

looks delicious..love the color.
Spicy-Aroma

Anonymous said...

A beautiful seafood dish my friend - nice work :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Priya dharshini said...

One of m fav fish...Bookmarking the recipe

Shobha said...

nice and spicy..love it..

Julie said...

Interesting n delicious!!

Join me in the ONGOING EVENTS-"Ginger & Pepper Corns/powder(EP Series-May) ,
Show me Your HITS 'Iron Rich Foods'
ERIVUM PULIYUM

cookingvarieties said...

hi treat and tricks.. i love sardines prepared as in your recipe with a bit of young ginger root. I must try put lemon grass also, must be very flavorful. have a nice day

Watierman said...

Hi kak..it's been a while since I blogwalk and peep in your kitchen...wow I like sardines...so do my kids...There is so much in your kitchen and on your table...do you mind if browse in ...I promise I will keep everything back in place before I leave...TQ Kak!...By the way...TQ for the wishes for both my PIL...and glad to share they just arrived in KL yesterday afternoon and are doing fine.TQ again Sis!

Nadz Nazharzan said...

Assallamualaikum tuan rumah..

Naz suka sgt sambal sardine cam ni.. Buat pedas2 sikit mmg best makan dgn nasi panas. Pas tu potong timun jer..

Nandita SS said...

The sambal looks very yummy. I would love to try veggie version of this :)

TinaRBK said...

This is very timely. My husband had bought a lot of sardines because he had some friends coming over to go hunting. However, they brought their own food and none of the sardines were eaten.
Plain sardines do get kind of boring after awhile, so I am saving this tasty recipe. Clearly a variety is needed to consume all that he bought!

Anonymous said...

i love sardines.

Suparna said...

brilliant colour of the curry...yumm preparation

Suja Manoj said...

Love the color,gravy is so tempting,thanks for sharing..

Spice up the Curry said...

very yummu

Allen @ Cook! Bake! Share! said...

Thank you for sharing this great looking recipe. I have all of the ingredients except for the lemongrass. I can't wait to try this! Allen.

Rosita Vargas said...

Que rico plato con la salsa se ve muy tentador y su toque de ají una delicia,abrazos hugs,hugs.

Rosita Vargas said...

Que rico plato con la salsa se ve muy tentador y su toque de ají una delicia,abrazos hugs,hugs.

Debra Kapellakis said...

I will try this.

Priya Suresh said...

Fingerlicking sambal,delicious curry..

Sarah @ Homestyle Cooking Around The World said...

I have never been in love with sardines but this looks good! I'm sure the sauce with the lemon and spices really gives a nice flavor. I will have to mark this to try sometime since sardines are so healthy!

simran said...

hi..do drop by my space..there is an award waiting for you there:)

Supriya's Rasoi said...

Hello dear I am your new follower. The sardines look amazing. Do visit my space.