There are vast varieties of dosa available. They used few type of flour and I've tried this recipe taken from Preety's Kitchen. Made slight modification to the original recipe by adding mashed tofu and chilli powder since my family loves spicy food. Do adjust the spice level according to your taste. We really love the addition, it was a huge hit with my children. This is now becomes our regular meal during weekend..
1 cup oat soak in hot water for 15 minutes
1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup semolina
1 in ginger chopped
1 piece hard tofu mashed
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
2 green chillies sliced
pinch of asafoetida/hing
1 big onion chopped
salt to taste
coriander leaves chopped
1. Combine rice flour, semolina, chilli powder, hing and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Add oat, tofu, ginger, green chillies, onion and coriander leaves to the flour mixture.
3. Slowly add enough water to form a thick batter same as you make dosa. Mix well.
4. Heat a non stick pan, drizzle the oil and pour a ladleful of batter, cook both side until golden brown.
5. Remove onto a plate, continue the process until the batter is used up.
6. Serve hot.