LABRLS




Friday, January 1, 2010

NUTTY COOKIES

Photobucket

I had a big bag of hazel nut sitting in my pantry. Since my sons have requested to bake a cookies so decided to use up my nut for this recipe.

These cookies are crunchy and nutty. For healthier option, I'm using corn oil and butter but you may use a cup of butter for a richer and buttery taste. Instead of hazel nut and almond you can substitute with walnut, peanut or sunflower seed. The choice is entirely up to you.

NUTTY COOKIES

2 and 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup ground toasted nut (using hazel nut and almond)

METHOD

1. Preheat oven at 170C.

2. Beat butter, sugar and oil until well combined.

3. Add in flour, baking powder and stir in toasted nuts, form into pliable dough.

4. Shape into a small ball and flatten slightly or use cookies cutter, drop onto ungreased pan.

5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until light brown.

6. Cool completely before storing in a airtight container.


10 comments:

Mel_Cole said...

Oh I love hazelnuts too! Ang creative naman nang pag-cut nang cookies mo.

My Food Trip Friday post

Marana said...

my kids love cookies, they will surely enjoy these nutty cookies.
Noobfoodie

Treat and Trick said...

Mel Cole...Glad you like it...

MommyLES...My kids too loved them, hope you will give it a try..

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Great! A recipe using hazelnuts. My husband always removes these from the mixed nut mixture he buys and we are overrun with them. Glad to have this recipe.

Vanessa said...

Hi! I love hazelnuts and these cookies sound delicious! Thank you so much for linking this recipe up to the party this week! :-)
Vanessa

Treat and Trick said...

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida...Thanks for stopping by, hope you will make use of the hazel nut using this recipe...

Vanessa...Thanks for hosting dear and your lovely comment...

cheerful said...

wow, sounds yummy...thanks for sharing your recipe! i love the star shape, very creative and kids will surely love it! happy weekend! :)

Treat and Trick said...

cheerful...thanks for your sweet comment dear...

Unknown said...

Blog hopping! I'm your new follower and would love a follow back! www.adeliciousobsession.com Thanks!

Treat and Trick said...

Danielle...Thanks so much for stopping by and joining in my blog, off to check yous now...