LABRLS




Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ONION BREAD

Onion Bread Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

Inspired to bake this bread by  Yani  for our breakfast. Using sliced onion which is heated in a microwave oven for five minutes uncovered in order to reduce its water content. Totally sweet taste comes from the onion. Have slightly modified the recipe to suit my taste.


What you need are:

ONION BREAD

2 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon oil
100 ml warm water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 big onions sliced

METHOD

1. Heat sliced onion uncovered in a microwave oven for 5 minutes. Keep aside.

2. Mix dry yeast, sugar and water in a cup for 10 minutes until foamy.

3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, oil and yeast mixture to form a stiff dough.

4. Turn dough onto floured board, knead about 10 minutes.

5. Put dough in greased bowl. covered and let rise for one hour or until double in size.

6. Punch dough, shape into small balls, roll out dough, stuff with onion and shape into round again.

7. Cover and leave for 45 minutes.

8. Bake @ 180 C for 15 minutes.

9. Immediately after baking, brush with butter, cool on rack.

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /   INSTAGRAM /   YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  
 GOOGLE+  /  TWITTER  /  PINTEREST

24 comments:

Love2cook Malaysia said...

Wow, those breads look yummy! Love no where near baking! hehehe :)

salamdariborneo said...

emmm,best kalau dapat bf nih....

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Thanks Love2cook...quite simple recipe but time consuming...

TREAT AND TRICK said...

SalamdariBorneo.. boleh cuba nanti...bahan2 simple aje...

Saraswathi Iyer said...

Nice onion bread will try soon.

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Do let me know after trying it Sara...

Perspectivemedley said...

wow.. lovely bread!.. looks cute!

fadt said...

Very interesting shape.Very unique combination and creative by using onion...i guess i should try try this!

Treat and Trick said...

fadt...thanks for dropping by and your lovely comment, do try it and let me know the outcome ya....

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Hey Pally (palatable) this is making me drool. I love onions, and fresh bread, oh yummy. Your blog is seriously making my tummy growl. Can't wait to have some time going over some of your yumminess. THANK YOU so much for finding my party, and linking up. I am beyond thrilled to have you especially since you entered of your own free will, and not my persistant nagging, lol. But seriously PLEASE do come back, and link up often, as you can see from my blog, I LOVE TO cook, too, and am always interested in others recipes. THANKS again, Bella :)

Unknown said...

looks fabulous..love the microwave bit. thank you for sharing with TNSC!

Wendy said...

Hi! I found your blog from the Tuesday Night Supper Club. I love it! I would love to invite you over to visit my blog and perhaps join my Thursday Carnival (it's been a bit of a slow start) at Around My Family Table. Thanks.

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Hi Pally, just wanted to let you know I FEATURED you today, so please feel free to come grab a FEATURED button. I can't wait to see what else you share with my readers. I hope to see you again, at **AMAZE ME AUGUST** with all your yummy recipes. SOme of your Indian ones, yummy, please,,, :) Take care auntie!!!

Unknown said...

All your bread recipes look tasty!

~Rainey~

Treat and Trick said...

Really Rainey...Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving your sweet comment...

Vanessa said...

I can almost smell it! That sounds so delicious and right up my alley. Thanks so much for sharing another great recipe at the Inspiration Friday party!
Vanessa

Donnie said...

I know my hubby would enjoy theses. Yum.

Treat and Trick said...

Vanessa@Southern In My Heart....Thanks for hosting dear..

Donnie...Thanks for stopping by and leaving your lovely comment...

Amy said...

I love onion! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I'm having the very first GIVEAWAY on my blog. Please stop by to submit an entry. Good luck.

http://utry.it/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-meand-very-first.html

Treat and Trick said...

Amy....Thanks for visiting my site. Hopefully I can participate on your 1st giveaway soon. Thanks for the invite...

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

This bread plus some homemade soup sounds like perfection right now

Treat and Trick said...

Tanya....That's right. So glad you like it..

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

What beautiful bread! Love the addition of onion too. Thank you for stopping by and sharing on Fresh Clean and Pure Friday last week! Hope you stop by again. I'm now following too. Roz

Treat and Trick said...

bella (roz)....Thanks for hosting dear and your sweet comment. Will surely join you again next week, thanks too for joining in my site...