Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Inspired to bake this bread by Yani for our breakfast. Using sliced onion which is heated in a microwave oven for five minutes uncovered in order to reduce its water content. Totally sweet taste comes from the onion. Have slightly modified the recipe to suit my taste.What you need are:
2 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon oil
100 ml warm water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 big onions sliced
1. Heat sliced onion uncovered in a microwave oven for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
2. Mix dry yeast, sugar and water in a cup for 10 minutes until foamy.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, oil and yeast mixture to form a stiff dough.
4. Turn dough onto floured board, knead about 10 minutes.
5. Put dough in greased bowl. covered and let rise for one hour or until double in size.
6. Punch dough, shape into small balls, roll out dough, stuff with onion and shape into round again.
7. Cover and leave for 45 minutes.
8. Bake @ 180 C for 15 minutes.
9. Immediately after baking, brush with butter, cool on rack.
This goes to Anti Procrastination Tuesday 25
Anything Related 24
Amaze Me August 3
Show And Tell 26
Letting Creative Juices Flow 20
Tuesday Night Supper Club 8
Tuesdays At Table
Friday Favorites 46
Its Hodgepodge Friday 13.
Fresh, Clean And Pure Friday
Inspiration Friday 19
Show And Tell Friday 13
view my recipes