Wednesday, May 12, 2010
SPICY FISH IN COCONUT MILK
Fish is always my family's favorite food, especially if it is simmered in hot and spicy gravy like this one. For a long time I have not cooked this dish, so my son requested to prepare the fish using bird's eye chili. Preferably selecting less bony fish if you are feeding small children and it turns out very spicy but delicious. One could fry the fish first or simply cook in gravy - either way it is superb.
4-5 slices fish
15 bird's eye chili (adjust to your taste)
1 cup coconut milk
1 and 1/2 cup water
1 inch fresh turmeric root
1 medium lime obtain the juice
2 lemon grass bruised
1. Wash the fish with lemon juice, drain.
2. Blend together bird's eye chili and turmeric with some water.
3. Pour water, coconut milk, blended ingredients, lemon grass and salt in a pot. Stir until boiling.
4. Slide in the fish and bring to boil until fish is cooked.
5. Remove from heat, add lime juice and it is ready to eat.
view my recipes