For ages we didn't had this fish cutlet, there are various ways to prepare this dish but mine differs from the usual method of frying the ingredients before shaping then refry again after dipping with egg and bread crumbs.
My preparation does not involve cooking before hand. What I did are mixing all the ingredients together, turn them into round shape then flatten. Before shallow frying, I coated the cutlet with rice flour and fried until golden color. It came out perfect, flavorful and yummy, great as an appetizer or side dish.
Makes 8 cutlets
1 can of 185g tuna in water crumbled
1 big potato boil and mash
1 onion chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 T chopped coriander leaves
3 green chili chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
rice flour for coating
oil for frying
* Drain tuna and crumble it. Place all ingredients except oil and rice flour into a mixing bowl.
* Mix well and shape into round, flatten them.
* Put 4-5 tablespoons of rice flour in a small plate, coat each cutlet with the rice flour and keep aside.
* Heat the oil, shallow fry the cutlet until golden brown using medium heat. Do not overcrowd the pan.
* Remove and place on kitchen paper to absorb the oil.
* Serve hot with your favorite sauce/chutney.
Show Me What Ya Got
Anti Procrastination Tuesday
Tutorial & Tips
Dr Lauras Tasty Tuesday-