LABRLS




Monday, September 27, 2010

FISH CUTLET

Photobucket

For ages we didn't had this  Fish  Cutlet, there are various ways to prepare this dish but mine differs from the usual method of frying the ingredients before shaping then re-fry again after dipping with egg and bread crumbs.

My preparation does not involve cooking before hand. What I did are mixing all the ingredients together, turn them into round shape then flatten. Before shallow frying, I coated the cutlet with rice flour and fried until golden color. It came out perfect, flavorful and yummy, great as an appetizer or side dish.


FISH CUTLET
Makes 8 cutlets

1 can of 185g tuna in water crumbled
1 big potato boil and mash
1 onion chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 T chopped coriander leaves
3 green chili chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
rice flour for coating
oil for frying

METHOD

* Drain tuna and crumble it. Place all ingredients except oil and rice flour into a mixing bowl.

* Mix well and shape into round, flatten them.

* Put 4-5 tablespoons of rice flour in a small plate, coat each cutlet with the rice flour and keep aside.

* Heat the oil, shallow fry the cutlet until golden brown using medium heat. Do not overcrowd the pan.

* Remove and place on kitchen paper to absorb the oil.

* Serve hot with your favorite sauce/chutney.



30 comments:

Tanvi said...

I love tuna....love your cutlet recipe..gotta try it soon :)

Sushma Mallya said...

i have never tried using fish in a cutlet,this sounds interesting and very beautiful presentation...

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

just now we had our dinner with fish cutlets, whole wheat bread, roasted potatoes and salad. I made it with Bhetki but like this idea of tuna. will do it next time. looks delicious.

Unknown said...

love tuna tomato pasta....looks yum!

fimere said...

une recette gourmande pleins de saveurs bravo
bonne soirée

Satrupa said...

Anything with fish is good for me ... gurl pass me some.

Cheers n Happy Cooking,
Satrupa

http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

Deliah's Deli said...

tnt...mcm senang jer..kena try ni :))

Unknown said...

Tuna is the one fish I have never tired yet...may that sounds strange but its true....love the idea of using tuna as a cutlet...let me see if I can try ouy this dish....

Suji said...

This is delish...Looks so good...

aipi said...

Cutlets look perfect..very nice n well explained recipe dear!

US Masala

Unknown said...

wow..fish cultlet, count in me..:-)

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Fish Cutlet looks so crispy and tasty. Very well made.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Unknown said...

I like the shortcut you took with frying them only once. It will save me time in the kitchen!

Monet said...

I am always looking for new ways to use tuna! This looks great! I just found your blog tonight...and I'm glad that I did. Thanks for sharing!

Krishnaveni said...

inviting recipe, looks yummy

chaitrali pathak said...

loved this cutlets...superb

Priya Suresh said...

Delicious cutlets..

Jaisy James said...

looks delicious

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Oh yeay, you know this is yummy. I love all kinds of veggie cutlets, and this looks so good. First time mummy made it, I was in love. Better try this soon, it sounds so good. :)

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Also I wanted to say Thank you Aunti for all your sweet comments, and checking in on my blog. I'm trying hard to make it interesting, and it's looking like most of my posts will be about food, since I cook ALL DAY long, but that's ok. I can only hope to have a wonderful collection of recipes like you one day. If you are ever interested in sharing one of your recipes, please do so, on my weekly party, or let me know, and you can do a guest post one day. I would love to share you with my readers. Bella :)

Sarah Naveen said...

My Fav!! looks so perfect and yummy!!

Hayatcemresi said...

HELLO MY DEAR SİSTER,HOW ARE YOU?

Suja Manoj said...

Perfect and yummy cutlets..never tried tuna yet..will surely give this recipe a try.

Faith said...

What a great use for tuna! This is new to me but I bet my hubby would really love it!

Madhu said...

When I was little, I used to love these cutlets. Its been a while since I cutlets. will surely try this one.

Treat and Trick said...

Thanks a lot everyone for sweet and encouraging words..

Mrs.Mano Saminathan said...

A very nice recipe using tinned fish! Looks great and delicious!!

Cooking Gallery said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting recipe! Fish and potato sound divine :)!

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Oh this looks and sounds so good, I love cutlets, basicaly of any kind. Thanks for sharing another wonderful recipe, and please come share some of the ones I commented on, actually I could probably just have a permanent link up to your blog, he he, that would be awesome!!! Thanks again Pally, hope you are doing well. :)

Sarita @ An Off Grid Life said...

This sounds easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing at The Homestead Blog Hop!