Three in one muffin using banana, coffee and chocolate chip totally irresistible. These are absolutely delicious and so easy to prepare. I added only a quarter cup of chocolate chip since my stock was running low. Nevertheless it turns out great and used instant coffee powder.
Would definitely bake them again since my kids love them Here's how they are made:
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFIN
Adapted from Baked New Frontiers In Baking
1 1/2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 4)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp instant espresso powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
* Lightly grease 12 cup muffin pan. Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C.
* In a medium bowl, combine banana, sugar, milk, butter and egg.
* In another bowl, whisk together the flour, coffee powder, baking soda and salt.
* Make a well in the middle of flour mixture, pour the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Add in the chocolate chips.
* Fill each cup 3/4 full, bake for 20-25 minutes for until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
* Cool on pan for 15 minutes. Remove onto wire rack.
* Store up to 2 days in an airtight container.
Hearth And Soul 21
Feature Yourself Friday
It's Hodgepodge Friday
Fabulous Friday Finds
Favorite Things Friday
Friday Potluck 8
Food Trip Friday
Inspiration Friday 11
Show Me What Ya Got
Anti Procrastination Tuesday
Amaze Me August