LABRLS




Wednesday, November 11, 2009

BREAD PUDDING



Bread pudding is a great way to use your leftover bread into delicious and easy dessert. You can use either white bread or sturdy french bread works well too.

Some recipe calls for soaking the bread for several hours but now I have soaked mine for only 30 minutes. It is a satisfying comfort food that most people crave. Nothing beats warm bread pudding on a cold night.

BREAD PUDDING RECIPE

10 slices white bread cubed
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups scalded milk
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

DIRECTIONS

* Grease 2 qt baking dish.

* Combine butter, bread cubes, raisin and cinnamon, mix well and place into baking dish.

* Whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt together. Add milk, stir well and pour over bread cubes. Let soak for 30 minutes.

* Preheat oven @ 300 F/ 150 C, sprinkle with nutmeg and bake for 35-45 minutes or until set.

* Serve hot or cold.

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  /  GOOGLE+ / TWITTER

11 comments:

Mrs. Ohtobe said...

Looks wonderful!

Sassy Sites! said...

YUM! I found you over at the blog hop and I'm your newest follower! Come by Sassy Sites! xoxo

www.sassysites.blogspot.com

Jami said...

Oh how I love bread pudding! Comfort food at it's best!

Treat and Trick said...

Mrs. Ohtobe....Thanks

Sassy Sites! Thanks for stopping by and joining in my site, love to have you here..

Jami...thanks for visiting my site, hope to see you again soon...

Lisa said...

YUM! One of my favorite desserts and comfort foods!

Amy said...

Oooooohh! This looks so yummy! Bread pudding is one of my favorite desserts!

Amy
sittingatourkitchentable.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

you are right..nothing tastes better on a cold night than warm bread pudding. your recipe looks amazing. thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club.

Jenn Erickson said...

Bread pudding is one of my favorite desserts and yours sounds like absolute perfection!

Always a pleasure to have you be a part of "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday at Rook No. 17

Jenn

Treat and Trick said...

Christy....Thanks for hosting dear...

Jenn Erickson...Thanks for your lovely comment dear....

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Hi Pally, it's been a while, how have you been? I see you have been making more, and more yummy treats. This bread pudding looks fabulous, and I LOVE bread pudding, so I can't wait to try it.

I seriously loved this so much I just HAD to FEATURE YOU, so come grab a button, and display it proudly!!

THANKS again for linking up to Bella Before and After **AMAZE ME AUGUST**, and don't forget I have a fabulous giveaway going on this week for an original AVOCADO ART painting, by ME!! Come enter before it's too late. GIVEAWAY HERE, I really appreciate the support girl.

Hugs,
Bella :)

Treat and Trick said...

Hi Bella,

Really delighted to be featured again not once but twice, that's cool! I'm fine dear, thanks for your kind words and informing me about your GA. Off to collect the featured button now. Have a great day!