If you're looking for easy and delicious rice, this is for you. Using basmati rice and green peas (fresh or frozen), it is very mild and fragrant. This is great for unexpected guests or for small gatherings.
Soak the rice for 30 minutes before you start cooking. It is best served with spicy gravy of meat, chicken or vegetable.
Now this dish has became our regular menu on weekend. Let's get cooking..
2 cup basmati rice
1 cup green peas
1/2 cup chopped onion
1″ stick cinnamon
3-4 green chili slit
1 tsp garam masala
2 T olive oil
3 cups water
1/2 cup coriander leaves
Salt to taste
* Heat the oil, add in clove and cinnamon, then add the green chili and onion, fry until onion turns brown.
* Add the drained rice and fry for 2 minutes. Add peas and salt, stir until well mixed.
* Now add water, cook until the water evaporates, cover the pot, continue to cook for 10 minutes using the lowest heat.
* When almost cooked add garam masala.
* Uncover and remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaves at the time of serving. Serve hot.
Just Another Meatless Monday
Meatless Vegan Monday
Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays
Melt In Your Mouth Monday
Motivate Me Monday
Make Food-e-Friend Monday
Contest For Good Cause
Show And Tell
Feature Yourself Friday
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL