Saturday, September 11, 2010
OATMEAL AND RAISIN COOKIES
If you are a fan of oat cookie, look no further. I discover this soft (even when cooled), buttery and not so sweet cookies using rolled oat, butter and raisin when trying to bake oatmeal cookies. I didn't turn out as expected, it became too soft like thick porridge and was thinking how to save the dough.
After adding more oatmeal, flour and a handful of raisin, it turns out great, easy to handle and now this is on top of my favorite cookies list. It's a real winner!
3/4 C oatmeal ( blended rolled oat)
3/4 C all purpose flour
1/3 C icing powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C softened butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
8 T raisin
* Cream butter, sugar, salt and essence. Preheat oven @ 150 C.
* Gradually add flour and raisin to the butter mixture and forms into pliable dough.
* Shape into small ball and flatten slightly, place into baking pan.
* Bake for 10-15 minutes @ 150 C. Cool on rack.
* Store in an airtight container when completely cool.
Yield : 30 pieces
This goes to Vegetarian Foodie Friday #17 Event , Recipe Swap Thursday, .Foodie Friday and Fabulous Friday
view my recipes