LABRLS




Tuesday, November 17, 2009

CHICKEN KORMA


Chicken Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

A traditional mild curry which has its root in Persian and Indian cuisine. Its uses coconut, yogurt, cashew,almond or cream in the cooking to give its distinctive flavor.My Chicken Korma recipe used coconut milk, cashew and black peppercorn (adjust to taste) and quite easy to prepare. Best eaten with rice, naan and parata.

CHICKEN KORMA

1 whole chicken cut and cleaned
1 cup coconut milk
3 potatoes cut into wedges
2 big onions cut into thick slice
1 carrot cut into small pieces
2 tomatoes sliced
2 green chili slit
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp ghee
4 tablespoon korma mix
1 tbsp black peppercorn crushed
10 cashew or almond ground
2 ins cinnamon
6 cloves
salt, lime juice
GROUND
6 shallots
3 cloves garlic
1 in ginger

METHOD

Heat oil and ghee, add the cinnamon,cloves,ground ingredients, salt and tomato, cook until soft.

Add the spices, little water and cook until oil floats on top.

Mix chicken, carrot and potato to the spices, add 2 cups water and let it boil.

Add coconut milk, green chili, big onion and cashew paste, simmer until cook.

Lastly add lemon juice and salt to taste.

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  /  GOOGLE+ / TWITTER



11 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Thanks for posting the korma recipe! I've had trouble one, so I appreciate it. We have one daughter whom we adopted from Kolkata, and are waiting for another -- so I am always experimenting with Indian recipes.
Nancy

Treat and Trick said...

Peter and Nancy..Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you try out my recipe, if you did, do let me know the outcome ya. Happy trying!

Marana said...

wow, looks tasty i will try this receipe thank you for sharing it. have a good day!

Noobfoodie

cheerful said...

sounds yummy. love to try it. thanks for sharing your recipe! happy friday! :)

Treat and Trick said...

MommyLES...thanks for your lovely comment, hope you will try them soon...

cheerful...thanks for your sweet comment, have a great weekend dear...

http://foodtripfriday.net/ said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Christina said...

Wow, this sounds so delicious! Making me hungry!

agent112778 said...

hmmm i wonder how that taste. i always cook that w/o those spices. i want to try that so that i can taste the original

here's my food TRIP friday entry
PS: pls be reminded that i have a new domain name, its now "http://www.agent112778.com", kindly pls update our xlinks.

Treat and Trick said...

http://foodtripfriday.net....Thanks dear...

Christina..Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment..

Jay - agent112778...Hope you will give it a try soon. I'm sure you are going to love them...

Jenn said...

This is wonderful! Looks appetizing!

my Food Trip Friday post

By the way, I would like to invite you for my Weekend Eating meme, if you want to join (and I hope you do), you can view the rules HERE. Thanks so much.

Boogieboard Cottage said...

This is sooo delicious looking! Thank you for linking to Masterpiece Monday. Mary :O)