Ventured into making my own bread by hand and tried this recipe by Southern Food with slight adjustment by me. Although I'm not the pro the result is not disappointing at all. The main ingredient for baking bread is the yeast, use either instant or active dry yeast and make sure the yeast is still active if not throw it away. To check whether it is active or not simply pour warm water ( not hot) into a bowl and sprinkle the required yeast and sugar, wait for 10 minutes if the mixture resembles creamy foam then you can go ahead baking your bread. Cinnamon Raisin Bread produces nice aroma due to the cinnamon used.
CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD
3 3/4 C all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1 C raisin (soak 30 minutes, drain)
1/4 C warm water
1/4 C soft butter
1/4 C sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C hot milk
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp ground cinnamon
C = cup
* In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit until frothy about 10 minutes.
* In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, cinnamon, salt and hot milk, stir to dissolve sugar, let cool to lukewarm.
* Add in 1 1/2 cups flour, beat well. Add yeast mixture and beaten eggs, blend well. Add remaining flour to form into pliable dough.
* Place dough onto lightly floured surface, knead for about 10 minutes.
* Keep dough in a covered and oiled bowl, let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
* Punch dough down and divide into 2 portions. shape into 2 loaves, place into 8 x 4 x 3 loaf pan. Cover and let rise again for 45-60 minutes until almost double.
* Bake @ 190 C for 25 minutes, if loaves are getting too brown, cover with foil for the last 10 minutes.
* Remove from pan and let cool on rack.
Hearth And Soul Hop 20
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Pennywise Platter Thursday
Recipes I Cant Wait To Try
Full Plate Thursday
Simple Lives Thursday
Sundays At One Food Club-
Just Another Meatless Monday
Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER