Sunday, November 22, 2009
HANDY KITCHEN TIP
Listed below are tips compiled by Dr GTS which I find very useful, will publish the tips part by part so others will also benefit after reading the article.
21. Wrap half slice of bread in a muslin cloth and place it in the cooking pan.
22. Add a few drops of lemon.
23. Season the oil with cinnamon and clove or add sugar.
24. Cook with piece of ginger.
25. Add 2 or 3 tbsp of buttermilk.
26. Add a few mint leaves while cooking
27. To avoid malai or film formations on custard sprinkle a little sugar and cover the dish.
28. Ladyfinger curry won’t turn out sticky if you add amchur to it.
29. If the curd is excessively sour add some fresh pieces of coconut to reduce the sourness.
30. Make raisins at home. Add 1 tbsp ghee and 1 tsp soda bicarb to 1 liter of boiling water. Break 1 kg of seedless grapes into small bunches and dip each bunch in the boiling water counting up to ten. Remove from water and spread on a muslin cloth to dry.