Tuesday, November 24, 2009
HANDY KITCHEN TIPS
Listed below are tips compiled by Dr GTS which I find very useful, will publish the tips part by part so others will also benefit after reading the article.
31. After taking out the butter from milk cream (malai) add a little milk or curd to the remaining buttermilk and boil. You now have soft paneer, which is good for small children and those with weak stomach.
32. While making fresh salad cut the toms vertically and not horizontally to get firmer slices. If the toms are soft keep them in a bowl of iced water before cutting.
33. Potato peels can make tasty wafer. Immerse the peel in warm water to which a pinch of salt is added and then dry and deep-fry it.
34. If you want the lemon to last for a month apply coconut oil over them and place in an open tray in the fridge.
35. To prevent the ladyfingers from being sticky toss the chopped pieces in 1 tab of lemon juice before frying or cooking.
36. To get rid of the eggy smells in cakes add 1 tab of honey to the cake batter. The cake will taste better too.
37. To make tasty banana bread beat 250gm flour, 250gm sugar and 60 ml fat, 3 bananas and 1 ½ tsp baking powder and bake till done.
38. If you need to use toms in any curry just grate them in. they cook faster as the skin peels automatically.
39. Add some bay leaves to the raw rice when storing it. Besides keeping worms away it is very fragrant.
40. For any paneer curry add a little grated paneer to the gravy for a delicious taste.